Tango Series

This is my next Tango painting.  I'm thinking also as before, on a "callejon," which as I explained before, it's a narrow street where few people pass by and generally it's dark and a "farol" (light post) illuminates the street.  In Buenos Aires we have MANY "callejones"  This is the beginning of it.

 
I think the next picture has a better color, although I like the first one anyway.

 
My intention was to make a black and white painting but I needed color, so I attempted to use some yellow and red.




The streets are with "adoquines" (the stone cobblers that also are in the European streets)


 
The colorful bandoneon contrasts with the background which has more details and reminds us of the old times.  Piazzolla, the very famous Argentinean tango composer and bandoneon player, it is said to having transformed the old tango to a new one with new harmonies and rhythms.  Somehow I wanted to depict that in my painting.  This is my final painting and some close ups follow.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts